In this episode of the Lions of Liberty Podcast, host Marc Clair is joined by Jay Beeber, a libertarian activist in Marc’s home city of Los Angeles, who is best known for getting the red light camera program shut down in the city. Jay describes how he became involved in the red light camera issue and helped to expose the program as a scam benefiting crony corporations, leading to him becoming a local folk hero of sorts in LA. Jay explains how why he is now running for LA City Council, and how he plans to take on the local establishment and continue to call for a government accountable to its citizens, not corporatist interests.
Click here to listen!
More from LibertyChat.com
- Rand Pauluses and Minuses Podcast – Presidential Announcement Edition!
- Tom Woods on Non-Intervention, Nullification, and Libertarian Principles
- Who Was Naughty or Nice in 2014? The Lions of Liberty Review the Year in Liberty!
- Mike Vine on Why Liberty Lives in New Hampshire
- Peter Schiff on his father’s imprisonment, the college bubble, Bitcoin and more!
- The Real American Horror Story-Suicide, Surveillance, Sexism and Sickness Invade The Oscars
- Dan McCall of Liberty Maniacs on His 1st Amendment Battle with the NSA, DHS, and Hillary Clinton’s PAC
- Judd Weiss on Photographing the Liberty Movement, Philosophy, Ethics, and the Influence of Nathaniel Branden
- Rand “Pauluses and Minuses” – The Podcast!
- 16 Year Old Brandon Keibler Discusses the Launch of Project Digital Privacy
- 22 Year Old Libertarian Blogger Responds to Austin Petersen on Rights and Minarchy
- Lions of Liberty GOP Debate Reaction Show!
- Interview: Andrew Withers British Libertarian Party
- How Donald Sterling Will Cash In On His NBA Ban
- Why have these powerful politicians never made a run at the White House?